Thursday, November 1, 2007

First Fall...

Nikki had his first fall last night, actually wee hours of today morning around 2:30 AM. I was away in the kitchen, mixing formula for him. His Daddy who was prodded by Mommy before she went off to the kitchen, said “hmm” and went right back to sleep. Nikki was crying out for Amma and was trying to reach her, he crossed over 2 pillows and fell down with a big thud. Daddy woke up and rushed to his rescue, Grandma came shouting & running and Amma followed suit from the kitchen with her heart pounding. Thank God for the thick carpet on the floor, nothing serious happened. My worst fear as I was running from kitchen to the bedroom was, what if he had hit the bed railings. Ours is a heavy wooden bed and the railings have rather sharp edges. The thought of it gives me shudders. Poor thing he cried and cried and finally went to sleep, slurping down his milk. I apologized so much to him for having left him there in peril’s way, it was actually DH’s fault, but I should be extra-precautious henceforth. I wouldn’t blame DH too, poor guy came to bed very late after doing lot of bill payments, sorting out bills/documents, all that stuff.

Nikki, sorry’da chellam.

3 comments:

Savani said...

oh!no. hope he wasn't too scared...you certainly must have freaked out. Chip hit his head on the crib hard when he was 2 days old. Then when he was 3-4 months old or so he fell from the changing table, then fell from the swing and then I stopped counting :) And, I wasn't to blame for any of these accidents!

Trishna said...

Oh My god! Last night,I was worried about the same thing. DH was sleeping and I poked him before going out,when I came back,A was at the edge of the bed and DH snoring!Grrr! Should make him read your post!
Hope you and Nikki are fine now :)

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

Oh my...! DotMom that was scary. 2 days old?! don't tell me, somebody must have banged Chip's head against the crib, he obviously could not have hit it by himself.
Yes, I did freak out, couldn't sleep after that.

trishna: please, please tell Aadya's papa about this, if not now, it sure will happen in the coming months, as she becomes more mobile. Nikki is fine, i am worrying, otherwise ok.