We are going HOME for vacation. Tickets have been confirmed and the countdown has started. 52 days more. It has been 3 years since I went to India. Will be there close to 2 months. Everyone else, other than my mom and MIL will be seeing Nikki for the first time. My sis S is eagerly waiting for him and I am more eagerly waiting to see my niece V. V will be 2 years this Oct, I have NOT SEEN HER YET. :(. No amount of pictures, webcams and videos can substitute feeling someone physically. Especially holding & feeling a baby, the hugs,sloppy kisses, smotherings, burying your face into the small of the neck, just melting and feeling at peace in the presence of the tiny being. I missed everything. And they have missed Nikki too. At least he is seeing everyone before he turns one. V is already into her terrible 2's and is keeping everyone on her toes.
I have missed PEOPLE the MOST, next comes food and then comes the landscape itself. Planning to do a lottttttt of things. Let me see how the vacation turns out to be. Just hoping not to have one more confrontation with the ILs. I am confident this time that I won't get into such situations. Last time(that was actually the 1st time), I did not see it coming at all, not even a slightest idea of the brewing storm. That is the only thing that is bothering me. I don't even want to think about it now, let me take it as it comes.
For now, it is YIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEE!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Yippeee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Enjoy your time in India Anitha! Don't let the thoughts about confrontations scare you. Think about your sister's daughter and all the good tim that awaits you :)
You are right. I am going to make the most out of the trip.
Enjoy your vacation. Post pictures when you come back.
I guess you guys (america) have no weight problem. So, you do not have to worry too much about your shopping (from america and back from india). Make a list of things you want to buy from India.
Enjoy.
Thanks Prema. Oh, yes I have to start shopping. Traveling from UK has weight restrictions? Didn't know that.
Hope you have a happy time in India this time :)
Oh how nice! I hope your visit is just as much fun as it should be.
Don't borrow trouble now. If something does go wrong you can deal with it then but now, enjoy the planning.
have a great trip and a safe flight. boy i haven't been to india in 5 yrs.!!
enjoy India! and will you be having a blogger's meet?
Dee: Thanks, the 1st and only confrontation with my MIL happened here in the US in our home, when she was here a few months back. Check here...
Sue: Thanks Sue, Shopping lists are getting ready, will be start shopping from this weekend(Yay!), reminds me of looking forward to the summer vacations when we were kids.
DotMom: Thanks! 5 yrs??? That is too long a gap. Are you planning to visit any time soon?
Kodi's mom: Thanks, would love to, but not sure yet. Our home town is Coimbatore. My sis lives in Blore, will be there for a week and planning to visit Chennai for a couple of days. Lets see how things work out.
:-) saw this earlier, but was not able to comment.
Have FUN on your trip, and don't worry too much abt the IL's.
And oh yeah! Happy Shopping too!! :-D
Post a Comment