Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Dreams Tag

I was tagged by mnamma about my recurring dreams. Dreams are a big part of my life. I do lot of day-dreaming. I love spending time delving into fantasies. From what I’ve seen of others’ tag, I think this one is about sub-conscious dreams that come to you when you are in deep sleep. Sometimes I remember them very vividly, sometimes I don’t remember anything. But they make me feel all kinds of emotions like real life events.

1. Examinations – either going late to the exam, or going for the wrong exam, or going to school/college not knowing there is an exam. This has been haunting me forever.

2. Being half-naked / nearly naked – this is my worst nightmare. I will be trying so hard to hide somewhere, or to get dressed up in vain. No one else in my dream seem to notice my state, they go about doing their business as usual. This and the examination dream sometimes happen together. I.e. I go to exam half-naked.

3. Fire accidents – Caused by high intensity electric shocks and plane crashes. I will sometimes be scared to walk past electric posts, use the iron box, toaster and other electrical appliances when the memory of this dream is very vivid.

4. Movie – I watch movies in my dreams with my favorite stars and other film persona. It is not the real-life movie, but movies of my own making. I even go to the loo(in real life), come back to bed and continue the dream (rather movie) exactly from the place I left. I once dreamt of Maniratnam coming and asking me to act in one of his movies. J. I like movies and I am a very selective movie-goer. I have never wanted to make or act in a movie. I have no idea why I get these kind of dreams.

8 comments:

mnamma said...

Thanks for doing the tag! Almost 3/4th of the blogger moms have this dream about going naked/half-naked in public :) UTBT had an interpretation to it. Manirathnam's heroine??? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The thought of appearing for an examination half naked make me hysterical..

Trishna said...

Phew.. finally i finished your middle name tag.. take a look!

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

mnamma: Oh, yes I read hers too. Examination dreams also seem to be haunting so many people.

ddmom: Thanks for visiting my blog. Had fun reading your quirks. :)

Trishna: Welcome to my blog! thankoo! Will check it out.

Parul said...

hey there...bloghopped from not sure where...nice blog!

I used to have the exam dream (nightmare?) a lot too...lately not at all.

LOL@ the manirathram dream...very cool!

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

Parul: welcome to my blog! Just checked out yours and it is kewl!

Rohini said...

I've been too exhausted to dream for what seems like months... or atleast if I do, I have no memory of my dreams...

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

Rohini: That is good in a way, sometimes dreams keep me from waking up and weigh down heavily on my thoughts. There is enough happening in real life to worry/feel about. :)